Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Beginning

Let's start in the beginning.....
This is me, my name is Becca. I'm an Office Manager by day and a full blown train wreck by night. 
You can usually find me with a glass of wine and Netflix or spending time with family and friends. 
I spend a great deal of time traveling up and down the east coast and now to the west coast. 
Born an raised Virginia girl, but my heart resides much deeper in the South. 
Raised on sweet tea, muddy lake water, and running around barefoot. 
New to the military life, but taking it a day at a time. They say you can't help who you fall in love with and that is the biggest truth i have ever heard. Grateful i get to share this crazy life with this wonderful man by my side. 

We met back in June 2014, in Jacksonville, NC. We spent a lot of time messaging back and forth. Not a day went by that we did not talk, and i pushed him away only about every other day. I've never been one to settle down and never imagined i'd be in a military relationship. One my Birthday, July 3 we hung out for the first time. 
This was our first ever picture together. 
Then he tried relentlessly to swoon me, and i still said nope. I'm not stubborn at all....but he bought me flowers. 
After that weekend, i pushed him away more than ever, even though in my head i was reminding myself on the daily how incredibly stupid i was. My head and heart don't communicate well.
Then he got his orders and told me he was heading to the west coast. So off to North Carolina i went, to tell a friend goodbye. 
After that weekend, i finally let my head accept what my heart had been telling me all along. Somewhere along the way i fell in love with this handsome man. I couldn't go a day without talking to him and imagining my life without him in it was nearly impossible. So i broke out of my ways and expressed some feelings. He ever so graciously proved how amazing he is and let me have it my way, to take it slow, and not just title it right away. I knew what i wanted yet still told myself i needed time to adjust. Seriously y'all i'm crazy and he has the patience of a saint. 
We spent a lot of time messaging, texting, and seeing each other through a screen. 
He continued to pursue my heart and make it incredibly difficult for me to keep putting off the inevitable. He sent a huge arrangement of gorgeous roses, chocolate and balloons to my work. 
Finally somewhere around August i agreed to make it official. I think he secretly loves my stubborness, because lawd knows he has to. 
We spent one more weekend together in North Carolina. 
I came home, back to Virginia for 3 days and then packed up again to head back to North Carolina on Wednesday before Labor Day weekend, for what was surely to be the toughest weekend of my life thus far. 
I pinned his wings on him Thursday at his graduation from flight school. It was an amazing last couple of days with this guy. On Friday i took him to the airport and sent him off to California. Surely the toughest thing i have ever had to do. 
I spent a lot of time doing this, while he sent me pictures from his new West Coast life. 
We have spent a lot of time apart, in exchange for a few 3am phone calls, scattered texts, and minimal time together. This life is tough, crazy, and exhausting, but it is our life and we wouldn't trade it for the world. I am grateful that even though he is not always physically here, i know i get to spend this life with him by my side. He is the best thing that could have ever happened to me and i am grateful for the love and patience he gives to me. Blessed beyond measure. 











1 comment:

  1. What an awesome story! It's a crazy, whirlwind of a lifestyle but it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete