I'm a huge fan of politics, it is no secret.
Get me on the topic and i can roll with it until you hate me, ask my
friends, they've walked out on a many of conversations with me. When i
made this blog i told myself i would keep the political talk at bay, for
the sake of keeping this a happy and chipper place where everyone felt
loved and no one got offended. Cool. Easier said than done, because I
just have a few things to say that are striking hard cords with me.
I
remember the day Obama became President. I remember where i was, who i
was with, and how i felt. I was 17 that election year, just shy of being
able to vote. I wouldn't have voted for Obama if i could have, not
because he is black, but because i strongly disagreed with his direction
for this Country. I still do. But when it was announced that he had
won, i couldn't help but feel proud. I prided living in a country that
had overcome one of the strongest racial divisions to be. I was proud
that we had overcome the nonsense of racial diversity and hard feelings.
I played "My President is Black" on repeat in my Toyota Celica on
repeat for months.
Now here we are a few days shy of 2015
and i couldn't be more disgusted with this great nation i have loved
with every fiber of my being since i was born. I couldn't be more angry
over how far we have regressed in these few years. We are now facing
some of the scariest times to date. We are essentially at "war" with a
middle eastern people group who takes great joy in inhumanely chopping
off heads. We have black people in an upheaval over a kid being killed
by a cop AFTER committing criminal activity. We have had two cops
assassinated in NYC for simply no other reason than because they are
cops. Our military is being beaten down, mistreated, and our veterans
are not actively receiving the care they deserve. Our country has gone
to hell and it is disgraceful to even call myself an American.
Let
me be clear in saying i am not ashamed for one second where i come
from, nor to be an American. I love America. I love our Armed Forces. I
love people. I am disgraced and disgusted with where we are as a nation
right now. We don't have a race issue, we don't. We have a love,
compassion, and basic human rights issue. I'm color blind. I don't care
if you are red, white, black, yellow, or Barney purple, if you treat me
with respect, i will do the same. You don't hold a gun to my head and i
won't pull the trigger on mine. It's not about race or culture or status
quo. I could rob a convenience store just as easily as the black guy
living in the projects of my city. I won't, because i was taught the
value of life, and taught morals, i was blessed, but i could (thank you
medicine for keeping my crazy undercover! LOL).
Blacks are
claiming racism, yet protesting to kill cops. While cops are not a
'race', they are a group, and it is equally as hateful to want to kill a
cop as it is to kill a black, white, red, yellow, who cares person. I
wake up every day scared of what this country will face today, wondering
what devastating news will break today, how we will destroy this
country more. I don't want to live like this. I don't want to raise my
babies in a place like this. It's scary and down right unnecessary.
Where is the love y'all!? (Black Eyed Peas anyone!?)
No comments:
Post a Comment