Oh hey look, guys! I'm writing another post about the
Military.....Sigh i need a life. I promise i'll write about Cali
vacation and the engagement towards the end of this week. I'm not
feeling like that over achiever type this week. I'm just trying to
survive it until i land on a bar stool Saturday, if we're being honest.
Man, oh man, the dreaded time is here. AWESOME! I'm harboring some
very mixed emotions on how to feel this week. Deployment is here. We
knew it was coming, we prepared for it coming, yet it is still seeming
to be such a shock, for me at least. I am so ready for this time to be
here, and still so unready for this time to be here. Seriously i'm
wondering these days if all spouses lose their ever loving mind during
deployment time or if it is just me. Because y'all i feel crazy. Flip
flopping from on the verge of tears, to laughing, to being angry,
bitter, oh my god i am feeling all the feels. Well now that we got the
fact that i am psycho out of the way, lets just move on and pretend i'm
normal.
Deployment is underway, so now comes the fun
part. Thankfully this totally sucky part of military life is happening
during the summer, which is undoubtedly a really busy time for me. Last
year i traveled every weekend from May until September, with a few
bigger vacations in between weekend trips. Y'all i LOVE to travel, i
love to stay busy, and go, and see, and do. I have full intentions of
this Summer being equally as amazing since it will be my last "normal
Summer" on the East Coast. I have a few trips already planned like
Myrtle Beach at the end of April and Jacksonville/Topsail/Wilmington for July 4th week/weekend to celebrate my Birthday. I'm looking forward to those and counting down the days.
It
is official and i will be moving to the good ol' left coast to be with
Brendon in September. He won't be coming home until October as it is
slated now, but i want to make sure i am there and our home is all set
up before he gets there, so he has a refreshing place to land,
decompress, and unwind from hell. Also, i just miss California and can't
wait to be back and get into normal routines of life in sunny San
Diego. So yea, that is going to keep my life pretty busy the next few
months. Trying to organize a cross country move, by an anxiety ridden
person, oh this is going to be fun.
Did i mention i'm also
ENGAGED! So on top of the 5 millions people i should be so thankful
for, that care about Brendon and i enough to constantly ask questions
regarding his deployment, i am dodging wedding questions left and right.
I feel like i am dodging everyone who is not my parents or best
friends, because if i have to answer one more question i may go off the
deep end. It's hard enough for me to live the day to day in the world
and act normal, when nothing about my life is normal, and i am being
reminded of that fact every 12 seconds by questions. I am grateful
people love us and care, but for the love of all things holy give it a
rest. No we have not set a date, no most likely we will not, no you
won't be invited, yes he is deploying, yes he is coming home, yes we
will cross bridges as we get to them, yes, yes, yes, i am losing my ever
loving mind!
So this is a post of straight jibberish, but
Brendon informed me that i need to start writing again. Hi babe! So
look at me being all adult like and showing up two days in a row! Kudos
to me! Now someone make me brownies and give me all my points! Sigh....
Brownies, donuts, pizza, y'all i joined the gym determined not to get
fat during deployment. I haven't been once. Oops! It's not the
week........LOL.
No comments:
Post a Comment