Recently i got invited on Facebook to "join" this Marine SO support group. I accepted the invite thinking i would just scroll it occasionally, and it would be refreshing to be able to chat with new ladies. It took one scroll of the page for me to realize that the page was not for me, not my shot of whiskey. There are a lot of young girls on there 17, 18, 19 years old who have boyfriends just leaving for bootcamp asking for advice, graduating bootcamp, etc. I by no extent of the imagination am an expert to the military life but i am not facing the same things that they are. My SO is on his second contract with the Corps, he is a Sargeant, and his bootcamp days are well in the past. As i kept scrolling and reading i began to see a trend, All of these young ladies were telling of their SO cheating, asking if "we" thought their SO was cheating, or worrying because everyone else was discussing cheating they thought their SO might now. My heart broke to read all of this and i have an opinion on it that i didn't voice on the page, but wish i could have.
The thing is from day one of meeting Brendon i have gratefully never had a doubt in my mind that he would ever cheat on me. He has no doubt that i would ever put another man before him either. From over a thousand miles apart i still don't have this worry. We take our relationship to heart for all that it is worth. We cherish our relationship and when we cherish things, we take care of them. For us we would rather spend our time finding new ways to keep each other happy from across this distance than worry about the other cheating or leaving. I have a full time career, family, friends, responsibilities in my day to day life. I don't have the time or energy to stress or worry about Brendon cheating on my while he is stationed in California. I also know that he doesn't have the time to let that thought cross his mind.
I am a worrier, i tend to worry about any and everything. This is not a new thing that has started, i have always been this way. Typically i limit my worrying to things i can control and i understand that worry really is a mind over matter thing. You see i could wake up every day and worry about Brendon cheating on my or leaving me, but i won't. I worry about if he ate today, if he is healthy, if his mind is focused on his job for the day. I worry about him staying alive and i worry about him being alone at night. My job as his SO is not to stress him out or ever put the doubt in his mind that i may cheat on him or leave him. My job as his SO is to support him, help him, and love him the best way i can. He knows at the end of everyday where my heart stands, because i don't let a day pass by without telling him how i feel. I want him to know a love that he has never known or felt before and i vow to make sure he always knows that no matter the circumstances.
Facebook is a trap a lot of times. I am not one to vent or spill my problems or worries to the world. I'm not a fan of posting in this facebook support group because i feel like any problems i may or may not have in my relationship, is between Brendon and i. We don't need opinions, besides our own, in our relationship. I don't need to flash around dirty laundry to people i don't know. It breaks my heart to watch these young girls doing this. I wish they could see the big picture, i wish they could understand.
I am thankful for my relationship with Brendon. I am thankful that he is my best friend and that he is insanely patient with me. As with any relationship we will and have had our ups and downs thus far, but i can honestly say that the good times will always outweigh the bad. We have a love that is true and pure and i am so grateful for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment