Tuesday, November 25, 2014

9 Things I Care About More Than Worrying If My Boyfriend is Cheating On Me

My tolerance level of dealing with people has hit all time lows. With so much pending and coming up in the next month, my plate is on overload, and entertaining mindless questions and thoughts of people are not at the top of my priority list. I've mentioned before that i was asked to join a MILSO spouse group on Facebook. It's a wreckless and foolish place that young girls come to dish about their "military relationships", bash their SO's, and make themselves look silly. I rarely comment on things, because it's so far below things of relevance to me, that i usually just laugh and skip over it all. However today i'm annoyed and i'm here to post about it. You're welcome! I now present you with

6 things i care about more than worrying if my boyfriend is cheating on me:

1. The price of tea in China. At first this phrase has always confused me. I mean are we talking about the price in the country China or in like fine china. Who knows, but because i am helpful i have gone ahead and assumed we mean the country. Here ya go......

2. If Brendon has ate properly today. Seriously i know it sounds silly, but it is a legit concern of mine. I often think and whine that i have a lot on my plate, but the man is working circles around me. I don't even know when he finds the time to eat! 

3. If he is alive and keeping him alive. Brendon flies planes (sorry babe! helicopters....whatever they're in the sky). There are days when he doesn't land when he thought they would, or things go wrong, he gets busy. My heart does little dance and pitter patters around terrible thoughts until i hear my phone whistle at me to alert of a text message. Deployments are always second to none in the mindset of this lifestyle. It's worrisome to know that there are people who literally want to kill him. 

4. When i will get to see him. I've said it once and i'll say it a thousand times, we're long distance. Try coordinating a full time career schedule, with an ever changing corps schedule, throw in a 9 hour plane ride, a few missed calls, and you basically have a summary of my entire life. It's insanity trying to coordinate schedules when you're working on a scale of minimum proportions. 

5. Living wills and death/injury notifications. It's horrible and awful to talk about and definitely amongst my least favorite topics, but it's one of those things he says that we "have to talk about". I'm grateful he likes to keep me informed. 

6. How i'm going to keep myself entertained for the next 4-5 months. I mean seriously though, what will i do with all this extra time. Books, concerts, friends, traveling. I mean the possibilities are endless and it's stressing me out knowing that i have to fill up this time to make it pass faster. I'm worried about it! 

7. Did i pay this bill, did i make it to work on time, what do i have to get accomplished today? REAL LIFE concerns, that affect my daily living. 

8. If Ferguson is burnt down yet. Seriously though, have they burned the city down yet!?

9. What the color red smells like. I mean, but what does it smell like!? 

Seriously i care more about what the color red smells like than worrying about if my boyfriend is cheating on me. Let's be clear he wouldn't, so i have no legit concern anyways, but i wish these young girls just had an inkling clue of what it's really all about. What life in general is all about. This world is cruel and tough and mean, and military life doesn't make it any easier. But seriously though, i have better things to worry about. Anyone want to order some tea from China?

3 comments:

  1. You always say what the rest of us are afraid to say. I am so blessed to have your smarty-pants self as my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those groups are always ridiculous. There was one at Fort Carson, and I had to leave the group. Too much drama fo yo mama!

    ReplyDelete